CHENNAI BOOK FAIR : The Rendezvous of Books and People
(From February 16 to March 6)
CHENNAI BOOK FAIR
Chennai Book Fair, which was earlier postponed from January 6-23 amid the drastic hike in the third wave of Covid-19, will now be held from 16 February to 6 march of 2022 at YMCA ground in Nandanam, Chennai.
The government of Tamilnadu has permitted the Booksellers And Publishers Association of South India [BAPASI] after the decline in new covid cases, to hold the 45th edition of annual book fair by strictly adhering to the covid precautions and protocols.
BAPASI has also reduced the number of stalls from 1000 to 800 in order to avoid the congestion in the pavilion.
Time schedule for the fair will be from 10 AM to 7 PM.
The reorganising of the fair will obviously bring easement to the publishers, authors, literary agents and book lovers who were waiting eagerly to recover the damage induced by the pandemic.
The safety measures imposed by BAPASI for the 18-day 2022 edition of the book fair are as follows;
- To limit the number of people allowed to attend each day.
- Infants, newborns, senior citizens aged 65 and above and pregnant women have been discouraged from attending the exhibition.
- Mandatory mask and sanitiser use.
- Separate entry and exit point in order to maintain social distancing.
- Air conditioning had beed prohibited in the pavilion.
- Covid safety measures should be sticked at the premises.
We could hope for a great time with books on the exhibition maintaining all the safety measures of covid-19. Lets healthify your mind by reading.